Friday 6 March 2015

The Truth and NOTHING but the TRUTH

So it's been about three years since my last blog post. THREE YEARS? Where did I go? Did I keep sweating? Is sweat still the solution? 

Let me start with - I went to Medical School (I am still in medical school). Years and years (literally) of school, exams, extracurriculars and adventures I started my medical career 3 years ago...about the same time I stopped writing in the blog. Coincidence...I like to think not. Yes I have kept sweating, not as much as I like, but here and there whenever time permits. I come back to the blog and back to physical activity because I realize it is quite probably the best solution (for me at least). 

The last three years have been tough, long hours, new experiences, a realizing everyday I have SO MUCH MORE TO LEARN. But at the end of the day when I leave class, the hospital or clinic - it's me, my thoughts and my body. Taking that time to run on the treadmill, try a new workout or attending the hottest of all yoga classes I realize for that brief period of time that nothing else matters. I owe it to myself to make that time for me. 

I love the gym and the yoga studio - there is something about being surrounding by other sweaty bodies, but sometimes time doesn't permit it. So I have started doing workouts at home. INSANITY, yoga DVDs from my favorite teachers (Mark Laham) and little videos on instagram have ensure I can keep my workouts going even if they are super short.

THE CLOCK will NOT STOP ME. Do not let it stop you either. If getting your sweat makes you happy, then do it, you owe it to you an no one else. 

GET YOUR SWEATTTTTTTYYYYY ON! 

1 comment: